HLTAID003 Provide First Aid – 7 CNE Points
The aim of this course is to develop a student’s competence and confidence in providing emergency first aid. This includes calling for help, the ability to respond to first aid situations, casualty assessment, decision-making and basic life support functions cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). This course covers adult and child conditions.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
-Blended delivery – 5.5 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
-Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 20 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 6 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
Qualification Issued : Statement of Attainment – HTLAID003 Provide First Aid
Legislative Authorisations : Conforms to the requirements of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, 1995
Learning Objectives :
- Apply Life Support Skills
- Provide First Aid Management Skills for Burns
- Demonstrate the identification and Management of Internal Bleeding
- Manage an Emergency
- Provide First Aid Management for bone and joint injuries
- Manage Emergency Situations
- Provide First Aid Management skills for bites, stings and poisoning
- Manage an acute illness
- Describe the recognition and management of an eye injury
- Manage Hyperthermia and Hypothermia
- Describe the basic structure and function of the human body
- Provide First Aid Management skills for chest, abdominal, pelvic and head injuries
Location: Most of our courses being held in Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora
Instructor : EFA authorised First Aid/CPR Trainer
Requirements for Successful Course Completion :
- Attendance at all sections of the course is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course
Certificate Validity Legislature : Approval valid for 3 years from the completion date. It is recommended that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Participant Materials : Manual, A4 Certificate
Notes : Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
Student Handbook: Find out about your learners’ rights, responsibility and support, including complaints